Monday, October 2, 2017

CONFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 10/02/2017

Hola Familia!!!!!

Ok so this last weekend was a weekend of miracles for me. Not in a way that some of you might expect but it was amazing!!!

Going into conference this last week me and my comp decided that we were going to fast! I really wanted some answers for my life and as well we have some investigators that we just didn't know what to do for them. So me and my comp started our fast Friday after lunch.🎉 And Friday night was great. God answered some of our questions then and there and it was like whoa... if he is answering now what is he gonna say tomorrow. Then me and my comp woke up Saturday morning and I woke up sick. ( again!!! I was a little mad) I was so sick that I could barely pick up my head. Turns out I had gotten super dehydrated.....😑 So I with some advice of the mission nurse i was advised to end my fast and drink some water and eat some food so that I wouldn't get more sick and I could take some medicine. So i reluctantly ended my fast. 😭😢 I didnt want to do it. i really wanted to receive some answers in this last conference and i felt that if i ended my fast I wasn't going to receive my answers. So when i knelt down to pray, I begged my father in heaven "please please please please forgive me I don't want to end this fast but I wont be able to go  to conference if I don't start feeling better soon. I want to hear the words of the prophets because I know through them i will be able to understand what path you want me to follow." I ended my fast and ate some food, drank some water and then I started to feel better and by the time the conference rolled around I felt good enough that I could go. And by the time we got to the stake center to actually watch the conference I almost felt normal ( miracle #1🎉🎉) In the first conference I got an answer to a question I was having for my degree, when I started my mission I felt the desire to change my degree from physical education to nursing, but through the course of my mission I have wanted to change it to like 5 other different degrees 😲and I honestly was lost on what I should do. I was thinking and praying yet again about nursing😷😷 but the thought that always came to my mind was " but I hate hearing people throw up!"😰🤕🤒 I was wondering if I cant stand that sound how on earth am I going  to be a good nurse.😥 Then in the Saturday morning session Elder John C Pingree talked about how each of us has an important role. He said " Our Heavenly Father has specific and significant things for you and me to accomplish."😮 I don't know why but this little phrase gave me the comfort and the peace that following the nursing degree is what I need to do with my life.👍👍 I don't understand why and it will probably take me a while to adjust to all the throwing up.🤒 But God has something planned for me and he wants me to follow this degree!😁😆😊 Ya OK so that for me was miracle #2 🎉🎉and then Saturday in the afternoon, during the talk from Elder Rasband I literally almost died! Like he spoke right to my heart!!!💙 And even more when he said " When our Father in Heaven said This is my work and my glory to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man, he was talking about all of his children. YOU in particular"😯 In that moment I couldn't hold back the tears😢 anymore and knew that God had answered all the questions I had desired to receive from my fast!!! I KNOW and TESTIFY with all of my heart family that God loves each of us and through his prophet and apostles He will lead and guide us!!!! I could feel it Saturday and Sunday!  Saturday after the session I'll admit I was a little in shock for all the revelation I had received that I went to the bathroom and threw up!!! All the Elders and Hermana's after were like "wow you got some deep revelation!!!!" and its true because I did!!! God is helping us!!! Sometimes all we have to do is put in our part!!! 

I seriously am so grateful for conference and for the opportunity we have every 6 months to listen to these words!!! I invite all of you to follow the counsel of  Elder Anderson! To study and ponder and apply what you learned in the conference this last weekend!!! It truly will bless your lives I promise!!!!! 

Love you all so much!!!! Thanks for all the support!!!! 
Love, Hermana McNamara





























No comments:

Post a Comment