Monday, September 19, 2016

I hate fireworks.

Hola familia!

Come experience the fireworks here in Peru and you'll understand why I hate fireworks now.

This week has been good! One thing I have learned this last week is that the people will point out when you are gaining weight. Its been fine you know. But man is it weird when they come up and pat your stomach and tell you to stop eating. I'm still holding back the response of you too ma'am, but ya know its all one big happy family here in Peru. 

So I sent some pictures and one is of Victor. He is getting baptized this Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The change I've seen in Victor is absolutely remarkable! I'm serious. He was a die hard partier before and now hes committed to live the palabra de sabiduria and the la ley de castidad. Which have not been easy because ever since we've started visiting with him all of his old friends have been coming over to his house more frequently and have been trying to get him to party! Its crazy but every time he says no. The ward has been super helpful as well in getting him to baptism its really so amazing and I wish I could copy and paste my journal with more details! But I cannot wait for his baptism!!!!! Also his mom is one of the pictures as well from a noche de hogar we did with the JAS in the ward but she is the sweetest lady alive and will probably follow victor in baptism in the next couple of weeks. I'm just hoping that I don't get transferred this next transfer because I want to be here to see her baptism and another one of our other investigators. The chances of me leaving this area though are very slim and the chances of my companion leaving are about 50/50 but ya know it all depends on the Lord and I'll go wherever he sends me but I'm praying to stay. 

I am trying to keep my emails good and keep y'all in the loop but I'm running out of ideas on what to talk about! So please please please ask me questions!!! I want to know what you guys want to hear about. 

This next week is gonna be good and I'm so excited! Also I really suggest y'all go study mateo 6 its a really good chapter about prayer and I just love it!! 

Love you all Hope you have a good week! 
Love Hermana McNamara
Translations:
palabra de sabiduria =  word of wisdom

la ley de castidad = the law of chastity

noche de hogar = home night
mateo 6 = Matthew 6














No comments:

Post a Comment