Monday, November 14, 2016

Massive Weddings and Cui - 10/31/2016

Hola Familia!

This week has been good. Its definitely been rough but I'm pushing through. Yesterday during sacrament meeting I was sitting next to our investigator Ivone and it was a good sacrament meeting until right after the sacrament I felt some on my neck. I thought it was just a hair but then when I went to go brush it away with my hand it started moving faster. So I got my hymn book and got whatever was on my neck on the hymn book. Ya it was a spider. It was not SMALL either.  SO I couldn't scream I couldn't make any noise. Haha right in the middle of sacrament meeting. SO I was very quiet about it but I got the spider on the ground then killed it. Yea not a fan of the bugs here. 

This morning Fransico and Yovanna got married in a massive wedding! Haha and massive weddings are just weird. There were 21 couples getting married in this massive wedding. Talk about long and boring. But it was good because now Fransico and Yovana can get baptized and I think this matriomonio will be the motivating factor for Hermano Fransico to get baptized. We'll see how it goes. We are hoping this Saturday they will get baptized but it could be another week. Trusting God on this one. After the wedding we went and ate lunch with them and I tried Cui now Cui translated to English is Guinea Pig. Its actually really good. I liked it a lot. It was so good I forgot to take a picture of it before I ate it but I took one after I was done. 

This last week as week we had a ward activity and it was so much fun I got to learn how to cook Peruvian food and try a bunch of different ones as well. It was definitely good and then after we got to play volley ball and everyone was impressed that I could play volley ball in a dress. I'm totally terrible at it but it was so much fun. My favorite food from the activity is called Picaduras and they taste like donuts but they are made from squash. It was so weird but really good.

Not much else really exciting happened this week. Just pushing through down here. Oh Halloween is thing here but they don't go trick or treating its too hard to try and get to people doors haha. I'm a little nervous for tonight because we don't have special instruccions but ya know just praying everyone waits till after 9 to come out. 

Love you all so much!!! Thanks for the support!!! 
Love Hermana McNamara




































No comments:

Post a Comment