Saturday, April 22, 2017

Happy Birthday Hermana McNamara!! 4-22-17

Somewhere walking the streets of Peru there is a beautiful young sister missionary who turned 20 this morning, and she belongs to me. 
 
She made her long awaited entrance to this globe early that morning at 7:21 AM, and the world was instantly a brighter place with her presence.
Appropriately born on Earth Day  this young woman loves nature, animals, music, shoes, clothes, purses, quotes, organizing, being creative, cake decorating, journaling, working at Home Depot, meeting new people, friends, camping, her family, her new friends in Peru, laughing and having fun. True to her Earth Day Birthday she tackled recycling projects as a youth, likes rescuing and protecting animals, loves working in the garden and planting things, and gets annoyed with litterbugs.  She loved Marching Band  and the friends that became family.  She is hardworking and persistent. She has conquered mountains this girl.  She is one tough cookie that is not meant to be trifled with.  She is also kind, gentle and compassionate and would do anything to help another. 
She learned early on, from a special kitty named Tigger  how to trust God.  A very simple lesson she would lean on again and again....and again.  That trust is what led her to Peru.   It's the reason she gets up and works hard every single day.  It's the reason she was willing to sacrifice 18 months of her life to help and lift others, and teach them about her trust in God, so they can trust him too.
For this special 20th Birthday she is giving a gift instead of receiving one.  A selfless, precious gift of her testimony and her faith and I could not be prouder of her service and sacrifice.  My heart is missing her today,  so much so it feels it might break.  But I wouldn't have it any other way.  She is EXACTLY where she is meant to be.  So today I add my testimony to hers.  I know that my Savior lives.  He loves me.  He loves Cassie.  He is watching over her, and blessing her.  He strengthens us both as we long to be together today.  He is wrapping his arms around her for me, and helping her feel loved.  My greatest peace comes from knowing she is mine for eternity.  No matter what this life throws at us, that truth will remain.  Families are Forever so that means I don't need to fear. I have placed her securly in Heavenly Fathers hands and I trust Him.  Just as Cassie has taught ME to do.   That is the greatest birthday gift of all.  For both of us. 
Happy Birthday My Sweet Cassie!!  Momma Duck 閭 Loves You Very Much!

No comments:

Post a Comment